Friday, May 8, 2009
Interview Time
Today I started out by interviewing Lynn Cox. In our interview Lynn and I discussed how she became involved in singing for the first time in college after playing the piano all her life. Lynn told me how she has always found it easy to find a group to sing with where she could enjoy the music and the people around her. She also helped show me how no mater where you are in your life you can always find a group to sing with. Lynn said that for her singing is more about the people who you sing with and the music you create. Lynn helped me see that even as I move through life I will be able to have a career and sing for enjoyment on the side. After my interview with Lynn I went to Chamber Choir. In choir we practiced applying different dynamic levels to our old songs. We also practiced one of the spirituals that we learned at the Plymouth University festival with Andre Thomas. Andre Thomas is an expert on spirituals and how they should be sung. In our workshop with him he directed us to use a fuller sounding voice and put stress on certain syllables of the pieces. Today Kris went over Andre Thomas' suggestions with us and helped us follow his suggestions. After Chamber Choir I practiced my 5 solo songs. Right now this is a very important part of my daly work because I can not work on how my songs sounds until I have them known.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment