Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Lesson and Research

Today, I started out my day by vocalizing with Kris and a few other singers in Chamber Choir.   In Chamber Choir Kris gave us time to do work because most of us have the play at night.  After Chamber Choir I had a singing lesson with Kris.  During my singing lesson we worked on three of my songs; Ridente la Calma, Heidenroeslein, and Come and Trip it.  I am starting to get to the point in learning my songs where I am trying to memorize the words so that I can sing them without my music.  Kris and I worked on my diction, meaning how my words sound as I sing, and on my accuracy on specific notes.  This kind of work is the hardest work because it is so specific.  After our lesson I started to look up notes for my program notes.  In my program notes I will be focusing on the song meanings and the composers.  Also, I will be looking into why the songs were written.  I also worked on my songs later in the day.  This is important because I need to really focus on specific work and knowing my songs completely.  Tomorrow I will be working more on my program notes and my paper on nonprofessional singing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment