Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Song Selection
Today, my second day of Senior Project I started picking out the 5 solo songs that I am going to perform at the end of the term. When Kris and I were selecting my solo songs we decided that we wanted to pick a range of songs including songs in German and Italian. Also, Kris and I wanted to choose songs that had a range in sound and vocal dynamic. The list that we came up with is tentative at the moment but I am planning on singing; Goodnight my Someone from the Music Man, Heidenroeslein, The Call, Come and Trip it, and Ridente la Calma. All of the songs that I am planning on singing will showcase my voice's strengths and challenge my vocal weaknesses. After I chose my songs with Kris I was sent off to do the painfully boring task of photocopying them. After what seemed like forever I was finished and got to work. Tonight, I spent over an hour in the Chapel looking up my songs on youtube and working through the options so that I could have good resources to help me learn them. Tomorrow, Kris and I plan on working out the general idea of all of my songs so tonight my job was to find accurate recourses that would allow me to work alone. To find accurate recourses on youtube you have to first listen to all of the possible options and then find one that sounds correct and is clear enough to use for practice. I also continued my work on my paper setting up interviews, my first one is tomorrow with Kate Jones. We are going to talk about how she got involved with Non-professional singing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment