Monday, May 18, 2009
Share Day
Today Chamber Choir went to Share Day at the Andover Elementary school! Share Day is a day where the students at Andover Elementary learn about everything from singing to rock climbing. Chamber Choir went over and we sang 5 pieces for them. We same two songs in Latin, Ubi Caritas and Sicut Cervus. We also sang a song in Croatian, Na Me Pogled, and two spirituals, Witness and Keep Your Lamps. Later today after share day I went to play practice and vocalized again. I also worked on my pieces throughout the day. I slowed each song down so that I would work on specific notes. Specifically I have been really working on my German song, Heidenroeslein. I have been working on placing the correct words and word sounds with the correct notes. Surprisingly this is a very difficult task. Each sound is very different and when you have to speed the song up to tempo it can be very difficult to keep the accuracy of notes and words. Tomorrow I will be working more on my research for my paper and my program notes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment