Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Practice Time

Today for my senior project I had a lesson with Kris where we worked on outlining the notes of my 5 pieces and distinguishing the hard parts.  Most times this initial work of outlining the pieces is the most important work because it helps the singer know which part of the pieces he or she needs to concentrate on.  Also, it is easy to look over the easy notes and learn them incorrectly so outlining the songs helps avoid this.  Later in the day I worked on listening to the notes again on youtube and singing through some of the difficult parts of my 5 songs.  After my lesson with Kris I went to meet Kate Jones for our interview.  In our interview, Kate and I talked about her experiences having Kris Johnson as a choir director when she was a senior in high school and how her experiences helped her want to continue with her passion for music and come back and sing with him as a peer.  Kate and I also talked about how the be a professional singer you need to have a certain drive and that if you do not have that drive, or if you found that drive too late in your life, you can still sing with good choirs nonprofessionally.  Kate explained to me that she found that where ever she went she could always find someone around her interested in music and singing nonprofessionally.  I plan on using Kate's advise and experiences in shaping my paper and later my own plans for nonprofessional singing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment