Thursday, May 7, 2009

More Practice

Today for my senior project I practiced my songs and listened to them on youtube again.  Right now my main goal for my project is to learn the notes to my songs so that I can focus on how they sound.  To learn the notes of my songs I sing along with a recording while I look at the music.  This helps me learn the tempo as well as the words to the songs.  I am mainly focusing on my two songs in foreign languages, Heidenroeslein and Ridente la Calma.  These are the hardest sings form me to learn because of the languages.  Therefore I need to learn the notes faster so that I can focus on pronunciation.  Also, today I worked on taking notes on my interview with Kate Jones.  In my note taking I listened to my recoding of our interview and pulled out key aspects that are going to be useful to my paper.  I am also going to use my notes and the recorded interview to plan my research on nonprofessional singing.  Tomorrow I am going to interview Lynn Cox and hear about her experiences in the singing world.    

No comments:

Post a Comment