Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Writing Day
Almost my entire day today was filled with writing. I started out by taking notes on my interview with Sarah Will. In my notes I identified the key points from our conversation that I would like to use in my paper. Next, I started writing out my program notes. For my program notes I had to look up the years in which the composers arranged the songs and I also had to find out why they wrote the songs. Whether they were written for an opera or just as solo songs for vocal lessons. I also had to depict the mood needed for each piece, noticing if it was an up beat love song or a sad and lonely song. After I wrote my program notes out I started to type out my paper on nonprofessional singing. My paper is somewhat of a guide as to how you can get involved in professional singing. I note each person that I have interviewed, telling their story and explaining how and why they have found that they need music in their life. I also have been looking online at the American Choral Directors Association website and reviewing their newsletters. In the newsletters they state up coming and past singing opportunities and the music groups involved in them. Later in the day I also vocalized and reviewed my songs just for extra practice. Tomorrow I will have a lesson with Kris again to work on my pieces.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment