Sunday, May 17, 2009
Week Two Reflection
This past week was very busy at times and then very slow. I succeeded in accumulating my goal of 15 hours so that I can reach my final goal of 45 hours. Over this week I was really concentrating on the notes and words in my 5 pieces. As I get closer to memorization the way I sing the songs will become more important. I have also been attending Chamber Choir and in class we have been working on ensemble singing without a conductor. This past week I have learned a lot about blending my voice with the other voices around me. Also, I learned that you should never feel shy about being a leader in a coral group because if everyone sings like a leader the overall ensemble has a fuller sound. Later on in the week Kris and I worked on my practice habits during one of our lessons. I learned that it is better to work very slowly on 1 song for a long time than to work on all 5 of my songs for the same amount of time. This has helped me really focus on getting each song better. I am excited to see how it helps me improve next week. I also finished up my interviews with an interview with Sarah Will. In our conversation we talked a lot about how music can enrich your life and how it can be great to do on the side to help you connect with other people. This up coming week I will be writing my program notes, finishing my paper on nonprofessional singing, and finishing up my work on my 5 songs. It is going to be a very busy week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment