Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Lots of Practice
This week is all about practice for me, starting with memorization of my songs and learning the words to my song in Italian and my song in German. Today, I started out by going to Chamber Choir where we focused on how to sing in a group without a conductor. We stood in a circle around the piano away from our voice parts and started a few old pieces that we sang on our tour of Croatia. By doing this we singled out the problems that we have been having note wise and also showed who really lead the group. The purpose of the exercise was to show that everyone in the choir needs to be a leader and put effort into the group sound. After Chamber Choir I had a singing lesson with Kris and we worked on the German and Italian pieces I am singing. Kris and I practiced adding the words to the songs and on the pronunciation of the languages. Later in the day I went back to the chapel and worked by myself singing my songs without the piano or a recording. This is a big step because it means that I have actually learned the songs instead of just copying or following a recording. Tomorrow I will be practicing some more and working on the more difficult parts in my songs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment